Monday, April 6, 2009

It Starts


After last year's stop motion film project I decided to attempt something easier. (Just about anything else is easier). I've had my eye on these Busker Street Organs for a while now, and finally decided to send away to John Smith for a copy of his celebrated 20 note Busker Organ plans. I have to admit that I don't know much about how these things actually work but the more I learn the more fascinating they are to me. I made one of the pipes (B flat) the other night and was thrilled that it actually gave out a little toot for me. Laura said it was even in range! Amazing. So I've made a couple more. The whole thing will take a long time to complete but I'll post pics as the saga continues.

I'm just hoping that all this work will justify the purchase of a derby, a white, striped shirt, a tie and a monkey.

2 comments:

Warren Ludwig said...

I know where you can get monkeys real cheap. Call me.

Mike Adair said...

They say you shouldn't skimp on the monkeys. But with the economy the way it is I would consider some discount primates. I will call.